Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Ivory Coast
Amara Essy is a member of the Global Leadership Foundation. In his long, distinguished diplomatic career, he has been, i.a., Foreign Minister of the Ivory Coast, Secretary General of the OAU, Ivory Coast’s Permanent Representative to the UN, and President of the 49th Session of the UN General Assembly. In 2000, he was appointed UN Special Envoy for the Central African Republic and the Republic of Congo.
- Grand Officer of the Ivorian National Order
- Grand Cross of the National Order of Bolivar of Venezuela
- Grand Officer of the National Order of San Carlos of Colombia
- Grand Cross of Rio Branco of Brazil
- Grand Cross of the National Order of the Lion of Senegal
- Participation in the Lomé Summit and the launch of the Lomé Initiative against Medicines that kill