Published on February 17, 2023 / Peace
Article L'Opinion : Africa wants to mediate between Russia and Ukraine
In an article published on 17 February, the influential media outlet L'Opinion looks back at the peace initiative led by African heads of state to ease the conflict between Russia and Ukraine. On the occasion of the African Union Heads of State Summit in Addis Ababa on February 19, and following their mission to Kyiv and Moscow, the representatives of the Brazzaville Foundation presented the first results of the initiative.
Olusegun Obasanjo, former President of Nigeria and Advisory Board Member of the Brazzaville Foundation, © Sipa Press.
Why is the Brazzaville Foundation a potential facilitator?
- Read the press release of the Brazzaville Foundation on the conflict in Ukraine published on 3 March 2022.
- Discover the guiding principles of the Brazzaville Foundation.
- Discover the actions in favour of peace of the Brazzaville Foundation.
The representatives of the Brazzaville Foundation
- Biography of Amama Mbabazi, former Prime Minister of Uganda, Advisory Board Member of the Brazzaville Foundation
- Biography of Olusegun Obasanjo, former President of Nigeria, Advisory Board Member of the Brazzaville Foundation
- Biography of Jean-Yves Ollivier, Funding Chairman of the Brazzaville Foundation
- Read the op-ed by Jean-Yves Ollivier "L'Afrique face à l'Ukraine: s'engager oui, s'aligner non", published in Jeune Afrique on April 1, 2022.
- Read the interview by Jean-Yves Ollivier " L'Afrique peut jouer un rôle impactant en Ukraine ", published in the newspaper Le Soleil on August 16, 2022.
- Read the op-ed by Jean-Yves Ollivier and Amama Mbabazi " L'Afrique, médiatrice de la paix entre l'Ukraine et la Russie ? ", published in Le Figaro Vox on February 13, 2023.
- Read the article published in L'Opinion on February 17, 2023.
Russia-Ukraine dialogue: an African initiative for peace